Ever is a Long Time: A Journey into Mississippi’s Dark Past by W. Ralph Eubanks
Discussion Questions and Extra Material
1. How is Eubanks’s sense of home conflicted by the racial climate of Mount Olive and
2. For Eubanks, how do the past and present interact to create a sense of home?
3. Why do you think Eubanks chose “Ever Is A Long Time” for his title?
4. How did Ralph’s father gain the respect of the white citizens of Mount Olive?
5. What is a moral code, and how does it affect behavior in southern society?
6. Discuss Eubanks’s sons’ role in his decision to write this book.